A healthy local area wired Ethernet network is a critical utility for enterprises today. Unfortunately, many networks are built over months or years by different staff members and using different technologies and protocols. Issues of network congestion, latency, loops and other unknown issues are difficult to troubleshoot. Users experience intermittent network slowness or outages and a root cause is never ascertained. Network diagrams are often out of date and lack all of the relevant details IT leaders need to make informed decisions.
VPLS is solving these challenges and making network assessments simple and cost effective with our Network Optimization Service. A VPLS certified network engineer will come to your location to assess all configuration information on the wired network inclusive of all switches and routers.
VPLS Network Optimization Service includes:
- A full review of all switch and router configurations including core, edge and data center
- A review of available logs to look for errors and warnings
- An audit of all network protocols in use
- A review of current network topology including uplinks and VLANs
- A detailed list of suggested network changes including firmware updates, protocol and configurations
- An updated network diagram and documentation of all configurations
- A review of findings and documentation with your team
The Network Optimization Service is vendor agnostic and is available for almost all network switch manufacturers including Brocade, Cisco, Extreme, HP, Juniper and more. VPLS will provide your team with all of the recommended changes to bring your network to industry standard best practices. Your team can then implement these changes, or VPLS can implement these changes for you through a services engagement.
VPLS Network Optimization Service can be combined with VPLS Wireless Optimization Service and Firewall Optimization Service for a full wired, wireless and firewall assessment.