VPLS Spring Cleaning: Tips for a Clean and Organized Desk Area!
DO MORE WITH LESS
Spring is here and with it comes the reminder that our lives may need a little dusting, de-cluttering, and perhaps a dash of organizing.
Check out these VPLS Essential Tips for easy desk clean-up and take one step closer to feeling happy and motivated!
[av_hr class=’short’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=” av_uid=’av-loaxw4′]
Step One: Start Fresh
The most common mistake anyone can make is to clean a work station out, one piece at a time. Start fresh by completely clearing out items found both in and on your desk. This tactic will not only make the process easier and quicker to complete but will also give you the opportunity to see your desk in a fresh and new perspective.
Keep the following in mind:
- Clear the top of your desk of all items. The only exceptions are items that are difficult to remove (such as monitors, keyboards, etc.).
- Empty out all drawers and nooks.
- Separate items into two piles: A pile of items to toss out versus a pile of items to keep.
- Keep an eye out for outdated items, such as old calendars, unanswered messages, old receipts, etc.
- Take the opportunity to spruce up a dirty work area by dusting and cleaning all surfaces areas.
- Don’t forget to clean your mouse and keyboard!
Step Two: Desk Configuration
Now it’s time to load up your desk with the essentials! Take this chance to think about how you’d like your desk to work for you. Feel free to move things around for a change of pace. For example, placing your monitor and computer at a different angle, or different side of the desk.
Keep the following in mind:
- Stock up on office supplies! Check to see if you’re low on pens, paper, paperclips, or post-its.
- Prioritize items to be placed on or around your desk. Keep things that you use daily within arms reach.
- Use zip ties to organize loose or excessive cables.
- Use bins and stackable organizers to keep from cluttering up your desk.
- Be sure to leave enough space designated for documents or a writing area.
- Don’t forget to add a personal touch! Add some plants, pictures, or a favorite item to your desk to make it feel cozy.
Step Three: Celebrate!
Congratulations! You’ve successfully made your work environment a clean and happy place, which is sure to keep you motivated and inspired.
There’s just something about eliminating unnecessary clutter and outdated items from a daily work area that helps promote higher concentration and productivity levels.
After all, the environment you work in can have a major impact on your mood and productivity.
Follow, Like & Share
If you want to keep up with the latest security trends and other IT related products and services, please visit the VPLS blog and stay current with the latest news!